Friday, April 07, 2006

How many books do you own?
Enough . . . but not really.

What book is your latest purchase?
*Sigh* I love books but I have not purchased one in about half a year and even then, it was a gift for my wife. "The Upside Down World of Vikram Lal" was the title, I believe. The last book that I purchased was "Papillon" which was alright, but its exaggerated, self-centred and grandiose storytelling reminded me of "A Million Little Pieces" by that notable truth-stretcher, James Frey.

What book have you most recently read?
In its entirety: Buzzing Flies, an eight page book about an annoying fly.
Right now I'm reading: A book of African History in French (struggling)
The Drama of Scripture
Mere Christianity

Name five great books with impact on you:

1) King Leopold's Ghost
2) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
3) Les Miserables
4) Creation Regained
5) Six War Years

Who do you challenge to answer these same questions?
Suzanne, Rachel, and Christina den Boer. Karen and Clint Langelaar, Jono or Janice Barnhoorn, Becky and Rod Snoek and any other relatives out there.

Oh, and the Garth Street crew and Piet Harsevoort (nefarious cackle)

6 comments:

PietHarsevoort said...

You are pure evil, John.

And I believe title of the book is "The In Between World of the Vikram Lall". A fine novel.

PietHarsevoort said...

Note: the title above should read "The In Between World of Vikram Lall", without a second "the". My voice recognition software seems to sneak an extra word in now and then.

Jono and Janice said...

Thanks for the challenge, John. Perhaps one day you will see the answers to these questions on our blog. For now, just enjoy the pictures.

John den Boer said...

Hmmm, there's quite a difference between being in between and upside down. Thanks Piet. I think I'll read that book this week, if I can find it.

Christina den Boer said...

why did you have to tag me???????

John den Boer said...

That's easy Christina, because I'm pure evil.

Who deh?

Followers