Friday, May 29, 2009

Update

~ I'm back this time, I really am.

~ No, really, I'm back. For real.

~ Remember when I didn't post anything? Well, now I'm posting things again.

~ This is coming rather late in the game, but my mother has published a book and also has her own blog: here. The book is called Blooming and is about a Christian woman's spiritual journey. One of the main characters in her book is named Paul, a likable chap who seems both witty and highly employable. If I have one criticism for the book it is that this character has very few lines despite his obvious genius.

~ Don't you hate it when people use clichés like "late in the game"?

~ Don't you hate it when someone tries to get you to agree to a statement by prefacing it with the phrase "don't you hate it when?"

~ I just learned that the reason honey is so easy to digest is that it has already been digested by bees. Makes sense.

~ Laurianne says hi.

~ Actually, she doesn't. She's not here right now, but I would imagine that she would say hi if I asked her to.

~ If any of my readers remember, I used to refer to my horribly disfigured fingernails a lot. Good news, the doctor claims that they should be growing normally by July. Then you never have to hear about them anymore.

~ Unless you want me to. I could write a story about my horribly disfigured fingernails every week if you wanted me to. I really could.

~ Linda and Rachel visited us about four weeks ago. We had a wonderful visit and Linda seemed a lot more like her old self. We went to Don Cherry's for Breakfast and I was amazed at how much Linda could eat. Apparently her nickname around her house is the "garburator." This was given not because she eats garbage, but because she eats a lot of leftovers . . . I think.

~ I have another sister who is famous around my former home for eating some butter that had been discarded into the garbage can. If life were fair, she would be the one called the garburator.

~ Blogger is insisting that I have spelled garburator incorrectly, but after using an online dictionary I believe this is just another case of my vocabulary being more extensive than Blogger's.

~ Here's a quotation that made me think: "Government is an institution that prevents injustice other than such as it commits itself" - Ibn Khaldun.

~ I missed this.

~ This, as in posting things on my blog.

~ A special shout-out to all Peter Tosh fans out there.

~ Quoting from Ibn Khaldun almost made it sound like I was poring over his works and came across that quotation and simply had to write it down. If you want to think that, it's fine with me.

~ Am I the only one who thinks the fact that Beyoncé has an alter-ego named Sasha Fierce is pretty funny? I mean, she presumably sat down, thought up the name Sasha Fierce, and then proceeded to think it was an awesome name to give her alter-ego.

~ My alter-ego's name is Patrick Smith. He's just a regular guy.

~ I doubt many of this blog's readers are fans of Beyoncé. If you are, please comment and I will give a name along with a description of your alter-ego.

~ If you are not a fan of Beyoncé you can still comment, and you can have a cookie. Look in your cupboard, they're probably there.

~ Song of the Moment: Ron Sexsmith - All in Good Time

7 comments:

Rod and Bec said...

I missed this, too. Your updates, as well as your posts in general.

Rod and Bec said...

That last comment has bad sentence structure.
Please say hi to Laurianne for us, and Patrick Smith if you see him.

Rod and Bec said...

I like that you used the word "quotation," rather than the incorrect "quote" that is increasingly rampant. Even MacLeans and Readers' Digest get it wrong. I'm thinking about blogging about that, but maybe a comment on someone else's blog will suffice for now.

Rod and Bec said...

I thought that if I left lots of comments you would be more inspired to blog more often. I hope it works.

John den Boer said...

Rod and Bec,

Thank you for the comments.

These magazines need to hire someone who knows the proper way use of the word quotation. That could be my job title, the expert on the word quotation.

And believe me, your strategy is working wonders.

Patrick Smith acknowledges your greeting with a polite nod. Laurianne says hi.

John

Anonymous said...

Go, Go Johnny!
Johnny B(oerishbwoy is) good!

I have been waiting patiently and I'm really pleased to find new post on your blog. Thanks for the update and the special shout-out.
I hope you're doing well.

H. Up

John den Boer said...

Thank you, we both are doing much better.

I hope you and yours are doing well too.

Who deh?

Followers