Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Update:

- Laurianne is currently working as a secretary for a Liberal MP on Parliament Hill. Althought the position is temporary, it will definitely look good on her resume.

- I can't find my hammer.

- I'm too lazy to put the proper accent on the last E in resume.

- I turned the television on the morning after the Oscars and had a very difficult time finding any news. On the CBC news channel their were analyzing actresses' hair, on CTV newsnet they were reviewing the winners, on ABC they were talking about Jack Nicholson's bald head, and on one of the many French channels we get they were, I believe, commenting on Forrest Whitaker's acceptance speech. It's nice to know that nothing of historical consequence had the gall to occur on the same night as the Oscars.

- Gall: "bile," O.E. galla (Anglian), gealla (W. Saxon), from P.Gmc. *gallon- (cf. O.N. gall, O.H.G. galla), from PIE base *ghol-/*ghel- "gold, yellow, yellowish-green" (cf. Gk. khole, see cholera; L. fel; perhaps also O.E. geolo "yellow," Gk. khloros). Informal sense of "impudence, boldness" first recorded Amer.Eng. 1882; but meaning "embittered spirit, rancor" is from c.1200.

- There is an election coming up here in Quebec, and I am lost.

- Laurianne claims to know where my hammer is. She is declining, however, to reveal its location because she says that she is not in the mood to hear hammering.

- When I log out of my e-mail account it displays the following message: "You have successfully signed out." It really gives me a sense of accomplishment.

- I don't really have any hammering to do, I just want to know where my hammer is.

- Does the news have to recycle the same old story about the healthy advantages of drinking wine every year?

- The genocidal war in Sudan is spreading to Chad. Pray.

- If anyone is extremely bored and is reviewing my old posts and is startled at the number of comments that have been deleted by the blog administrator, just relax. I'm not censoring the malcontents, I'm merely deleting spam.

- So, according to certain media outlets, they have found Jesus' ossuary in a middle class tomb in Jerusalem. Rather than listening to archaeologists who might actually have an opinion worth listening to, a number of media outlets have decided to throw their usual skepticism to the wind and declare that Jesus' bones have been found. Why? Because James Cameron said so (despite, as he says, not being a "theologist.") Interestingly enough, I recently read an article in Archaeology Magazine (yeah, I'm a nerd) which described how many groups are not publishing anything on their findings. Rather than dig one year and research and publish the next, a number of groups merely dig one year and the next and the next. This lack of proper publishing, the article claimed, is what has led to an atmosphere that is a lot more susceptible to fakes (such as the highly-touted James ossuary).

- The right cursor key does not work on my keyboard.

- I miss my grandmother's hamburger noodle bake. Mmmmm.

- Tune in next week when James Cameron joins forces with Johann Tetzel and dig up the skull of John the Baptist, age 12.

No comments:

Who deh?

Followers